Prevent acne before it starts. Here are some small daily-life hacks you can use to prevent pimples before they happen:
- Change out your pillowcase every four or five days. A fresh, bacteria-free pillowcase can stop your skin from erupting overnight.
- Keep your hands off your face. If you tend to rest your chin in your palm, or you’re constantly fussing with your face, stop. The oils on your hands can cause breakouts, even in small amounts.
- Tie your hair back while you sleep. If you have long hair, keep it off your face while you rest. Braid it back, and use pins or a headband to keep bangs off your forehead.
- Get your beauty rest. Stress can lead to breakouts, so make sure you’re well-rested and calm.
- Change your birth control (females). Some oral contraceptives containing estrogen can calm down regular breakouts. Ask your doctor if this is the right choice for you.